One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Friday, September 23, 2005

Who knew...

I've been trying to post since September 23rd. I would start and get interrupted, save it and come back; repeat, rinse, repeat. Today I'm finishing for gods sake!

I was going to post this long rant of bullshit that has happened over the past month, but you know what---I'm not. I've had a good week, why spoil it? I will post good news though...

First and foremost, my birthday was Tuesday :::::::yay me!:::::::::: and I am 19. Again. No really, I'm 31 and proud to be.

An the best news of the week...

I do payroll for a large nationwide chain outfit. They had their annual convention this week in Memphis and while I didn't get to go, my boss did. He came to me today and said that he couldn't count the number of people who came up to him to tell him what a great job I did. It wasn't as simple as, "Yeah, she does a good job", but instead they stood their and talked to him for a while going on and on about how great *I* was. Several of them told the franchises that aren't with us that they needed to jump on board simply because I do such a good job.

I was floored. Bowled over. I've never had so many compliments. I feel honored that they feel that way. I don't feel like I go above and beyond to do their payrolls, I just do what is expected of me. Such a nice kudo to get...my boss said he'd never been to one of those that someone wasn't bitching about the product...but not one person did. They all raved. One even hugged him.

That sure does give me a warm fuzzy feeling. For several months after getting fired last year, I always had this nagging feeling that I wasn't good enough, that I was not the best I could be at my last job and that is why he fired me first when the money got tight. No, I now know I was the best employee he had--he just fucked up and fired the best one. Well, probably the path to least resistance.

It's an awesome feeling...I want to email him to say thanks for letting me go...go on to a job where I rock socks, where I am the bees knees, I am the man (or woman as it were) and all my clients love me.

It's love :)